Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blue fingernails

Is there any better way to spend a glorious Wednesday in March. Play hooky from work and head out to piant a Habitat for Humanity house. I think not. I have been a volunteer for several years and I promise there is nothing more rewarding than showing up at 8 AM to an unpainted house and working through the day to transform this blank pallette into someone's HOME. The new homeowner's had no idea that a group of us went outduring the week to catch up due to icky weather last week.I cannot wait to see their faces when they drive up this Saturday and see the entire outside has been painted in the colors they chose. It finally looks like a home.....their home. It does not get any better that that.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

very cool

Kathleen said...

where are you sweaty princess???

Kathleen said...

I just gave you a blog award... now start blogging again

ILYT